Is your deployment process slow? Error prone? Undocumented? Person dependent? Plain scary?
I can help you save time and money, avoid headache and possibly even make you sleep better by automating your deployment process. I have several years of experience doing just that using Octopus Deploy.
An automated deployment process has a number of benefits:
It saves time
First and foremost it saves time and time equals money.
It is reliable
You can count on deployment being done exactly the same way every time. Human mistakes are eliminated.
It is person independent
Deployment gets as easy as clicking a button. As releases can be scheduled no one even has to be present.
Norconsult Astando AB
Isy Road had an all manual deployment process. The deployment documentation was spread over several documents and was not up to date. I helped the client setup automated deployment for Isy Road as a pilot project. Octopus Deploy was used and benefits included:
- Reduced deployment time from ~45 minutes to ~5 minutes per application instance (15 at the time of writing).
- Automated database deployment.
- More confidence in the deployment process.
- Virtually no deployment related errors.
The success of the pilot project lead to setting up automated deploy for their products Isy Map and Isy Case as well.
Plejmo had an all manual deployment process that was not very difficult but stole a lot of time from the small development team - time that should be used to develop the product. Using Octopus Deploy we were able to:
- Reduce deployment time from ~1 hour to ~10 minutes.
- Automate database deployment.
- Virtually eliminate deployment related errors.
The deployment process became so quick and painless that we could (and sometimes did) deploy several times a day - event during peak hours.